Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Bread Pt. 5

We now have two loaves out and another two in the oven. I am hoping that those two loaves in the oven will be out shortly and that we can throw another two in.

At the moment things have slowed down on the baking front as we are basically just waiting for things to bake. Once we have cleared out the back log of prepared loaves we can start to prepare a few more. I suspect that we will have at least more more hiatus period after this one ends.

On the food prep front, Jeannette and Kirsten are working on decorating a gingerbread house kit. They have assembled the house and are waiting for some of the structural icing to harden. As of right now things are looking pretty good.

Though I wasn't able to post them immediately after they were taken, I now have a few photos of the early stages of this affair.

The first is of me spreading some jam on some dough.



After the jam was spread I braided the tentacles.



Ok, I will get back to work.

Oh, and I should say that Jeannette gets the photo credit for these and any other photos that I post of the bread project.

No comments: