Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Shopping Drama

My Christmas shopping for this year has not gone the least bit smoothly. Not only have I routinely been stuck for ideas, and then not particularly pleased with the items I have settle for, but I have also had problems acquiring a few of the things that I have thought about.

For instance, a few days ago I finally had an idea for Kirsten. Unfortunately, though, the store I was then in which might have been expected to sell the product I was looking for did not seem to have a copy. I then started looking at other stores we visited with no success. Then, today, Christmas Eve, I made a last minute run to a street populated with many chain stores only to have a similar level of success. Fortunately, I was, eventually, able to find a store that contained a variation the theme of what I was originally going for.

After this moderate success I still had to head to another shopping centre/district get ideas/gifts for two more people. It was emotionally tiring.

The only aspect of this experience that I might frame as positive was my ability to enter stores and buy absolutely nothing if they didn't have what I was looking for. Thus I don't feel that I bought too many pieces of crap just for the sake of buying something.

Anyway, we now have about 12 hours until Christmas and I think that I have purchased (or it has been purchased on my behalf) everything that I will be buying for Christmas. And while I am frequently quite late when it comes to shopping, I don't know if I have ever before made Christmas Eve morning emergency runs to such a large number of stores.

Now I just have to wrap all of my purchases.

No comments: