Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Recap

Christmas, at least for the most part, was pretty much as was expected.

After a night filled with mahjong and food at Jeannette's house on Christmas Eve, we awoke on Christmas morning to find filled stockings and plenty of gifts under the trees.

One of the items that I was pleased to find and immediately intrigued by was a small remote controlled helicopter. For years I have been taken with the idea of remote controlled flying vehicles, so it was nice to finally have one to play with. After charging the helicopter I was able to take it out for a test flight.



[Embedded video]

Unfortunately through subsequent flight attempts I haven't been able to get the battery to hold enough of a charge to get the machine off the ground. This is all the more frustrating because I now know that the machine is actually capable of flight.

Much to my surprise, one of the items that was found adjacent to the stockings was a Nintendo Wii. Though I am not a big video game player and am generally skeptical of such endeavours, in the days since Christmas I have had plenty of fun playing with the basic games on this system. So far we haven't marred the experience of owning a Wii by having any of the type of mishap that are documented in the video below (though from time to time Kirsten does inexplicably opt not to wear the wrist strap).



[Embedded video]

After our stocking-related acquisitions were adequately examined and breakfast consumed we moved on to a quick round of gift opening and scratch-ticket bingo playing. Eventually we realized that we could cut Neil and Rebecca in on the action even though they were in Halifax by using video chat technology.



[Embedded video]

We were even able to have the play bingo with us by scanning and then emailing them a game card. While I don't know how much Neil and Rebecca enjoyed this, I can say that everyone on this end thought it was pretty good.

Much of the rest of the day was spent preparing for Christmas dinner and then consuming Christmas dinner. Along with another couple, we were joined for dinner by Jeannette and her family. As far as I could tell, a good time was had by all.

I imagine that there are a few more things I could mention, but unfortunately I am drawing a blank right now or have decided that they are too unimportant to be worth the effort of re-telling them. Hope everyone else had as enjoyable a Christmas.

2 comments:

Neil said...

We enjoyed the bingo.

Cameron said...

I am glad to hear that.