Thursday, September 02, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 449

-As regular readers will already know, we are still in the midst of a heat wave in Halifax. For the past few hours it has been about 33 degrees, though it feels more like it is 40. This, as you might imagine, has been incredibly unpleasant. Fortunately, it is supposed to drop a little tomorrow, though this drop will be brought about because of the arrival of a hurricane, Hurricane Earl.

-I was finally able to harvest a few cherry tomatoes yesterday.



I was able to harvest a few more tomatoes from Andrew's plants, which have now been transferred to our balcony. These new plants also have a few more tomatoes that should soon be ripe, really upping my level of production for the summer.

-Yesterday's move went well, though it was as sweaty as one would expect. Within moments we were all dripping with sweat, something that wasn't as fun as it might sound.

-Our Empire Avenue activities have also continued today, though at a somewhat slower pace than a few days ago. As expected, we have now added a fifth person to our feeding frenzy, which means that we can really get things going if we want to.

-I have now officially engaged in some Hurricane Bill preparations, though I can't say that I have yet done much to prepare. Thus far all I have done is to buy a 3 liter bottle of water, one of the few remaining such bottles at the grocery store. Hopefully not much more preparation will be required.

2 comments:

Jess said...

You really think that 3-litres is sufficient for you guys considering the absurd amount of fluids that you usually consume? Just wondering.

Good luck with hurricane. I just survived my first typhoon. Sadly, for me, it was underwhelming.

Cameron said...

Of course it isn't, but it is just enough to make myself feel as though I am participating in the hysteria.