Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 463

-We had something of an overcast day today in Halifax. As I didn't really spend that much time outdoors the absence or presence of sun had little effect on me.

-It seems that yesterday's election in New Brunswick will result in a change of government. After a few years out of power the Conservatives have been returned to government, of course without Bernard Lord as leader. While I was more aware of the fact that New Brunswick was having an election than I ever have been before, I somehow know next to nothing about what drove this election or what any of the key issues were. Consequently, I have no idea why the voters in New Brunswick opted for such a change (that being said, I have to assume that attempted sale of the power utility may have had something to do loss of support of the Liberals).

-I recently received my new US passport, which means that I got it just in time for my upcoming trip to Phoenix, Arizona. Hopefully my first trip to a place with 'dry heat' will go well.

-I cranked out four loads of laundry today. Wow, that was a fair bit of laundry.

-I made a really sub-par batch of black bean soup this evening. I think that the soup was somewhat undermined by my inclusion of some really bad ham and canned rather than soaked black beans.

-In relation to yesterday's post about strange news article titles, I thought that I should pass along this gem from Newfoundland: Mount Pearl fire drill turns serious.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Today is 39%. I think that might be dry.