Saturday, September 25, 2010

Hair cut

I was recently reminded that I will shortly be heading to a wedding. One of the most important aspects of this reminder was that it finally allow me to accept that I would be well served by getting a haircut. At some point yesterday I decided that today should be the day that I get my haircut.

As I am not really into barbershop cuts these days I decided to get a kitchen haircut. Jeannette, somewhat to my surprise, wholeheartedly agreed to provide me with such a haircut. Originally, I also expected Neil's participation.

By the time that I finally got around to sitting down for my haircut I had to rely on Jeannette alone (though this isn't to suggest a lack of confidence in her abilities).

Actually, I am quite impressed with my new haircut. Even though I insisted that Jeannette use the clippers instead of scissors I don't have a haircut that looks as though my head was buzzed. I think that this haircut is one that, if regularly maintained, should last for a while.

Anyway, I now have one of my pre-trip preparations out of the way. Now I have just a few more things to take care of (like packing, the purchasing of a wedding gift, and trip planning) before heading.

No comments: