Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 462

-Today was a predominately overcast day in Halifax, though we did have occasional periods of more intense sun.

-Today at the grocery store I was able to purchase 22.2 pounds of food for $5.97. Even more impressive is that 20 of those pounds cost only $2.98. For those of you who are curious, I purchased 10 pounds of potatoes for $1.99, 10 pounds of carrots for $.99, and 2.2 pounds of green beans for $2.99.

-We had roast beef and mashed potatoes for dinner tonight. I quite enjoyed the meal, though isn't really that surprising as roast beef and mashed potatoes are two of my favourite foods (not that most of you really care).

-On Saturday I was reminded of my embryonic attempts at game development a few years ago with Montifax: The Board Game. Maybe I should try to bring this project back to life, at least on a part-time basis. I think it would be neat to eventually have a playable version of the game, even if that is as far as it goes.

-Friday's Pauly Shore show has come and gone. And while I didn't manage to get free tickets to the show, I was able to find something of a review from someone who did. As a side note, I can confirm that the local comedian, Peter White, who is positively mentioned in this review is as funny as suggested. I had the pleasure of seeing this guy perform a few weeks ago at a show at Bearly's.

-Even though it is now after midnight, I should get back to work and try to finish an article I have to read.

No comments: