Friday, September 03, 2010

Hurricane Earl Live 1

Well, we are gearing up mentally and physically for the impending doom that is Hurricane Earl.

Earlier today I moved a number of my plants from elevated locations to the balcony floor. Hopefully the new locations will prevent the plants from receiving too much damage, though I am sure that at least some damage will be inflicted.

Just moments ago Neil and I parked his rental car in a location out of the way of potential falling tree branches. Our own building's parking lot is anything but free of such potential hazards (though I don't recall any cars being damaged during Hurricane Bill last year).

On the mental side of things, we are definitely all prepared for rain and wind, not that this really took much time or effort. That being said, I am really not sure if I am completely ready for a summertime power outage, certainly not one that lasts any length of time. Now that I am a buyer of groceries the thought of such an occurrence instills me with great fear.

As far as the storm goes, not much has happened yet (the sole exception may be the increase in the level of humidity). That being said, word on the street is that it should start raining heavily before sun-up.

Hopefully we will be able to keep people updated and post some multi-media content as things progress. Also feel free to check out Jeannette'sas well as Nova Scotia Power's Live Outage Map, a storm-time favourite of mine.

1 comment:

Donald McKay said...

Given his past experience, why does Neil have a rental car on this of all days?