Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 458

-Though today was mostly nice, we did have a brief period of heavy rain. Fortunately, this period of rain was brief and to the point.

-We had our first Fall Ultimate game this evening. Somehow we managed to tie the game. For most of the game it felt as though we were being smoked. At least this brings our undefeated streak to eight, a number that is surely a person record for both Neil and I.

-My Eight Treasure Porridge seemed to turn out pretty well. Not surprisingly, given the relatively short cooking time, the beans were quite undercooked and a little crunchy. I think that if I made it again I might try to soak everything overnight and then cook it in my pressure cooker for about an hour.

-At some point today Neil and Rebecca discovered a hole in the wall in our apartment. They suspect that this was one point of entry for mice, and I happen to think that they are likely right. Hopefully the plugging of this hole will lead to a diminishing of the mouse population in our apartment.

-Jeannette, much to my surprise, cancelled her Empire Avenue account cold turkey. I suspect the whole thing will be less fun if I don't have people to engage with in-person on related matters. Maybe I too will have to give things up in the near future as I really can't afford to spend much time engaging in such activities.

2 comments:

Donald McKay said...

Steel wool is great for plugging mouse holes.

Cameron said...

We have already used steel wool to plug the hole.