Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 455

-We had the pleasure of having an almost entirely overcast day today. Only for brief flashes was the sun kind enough to shine through somewhat consistent cloud cover. These brief interludes, while they were always brief, did create much more favourable and warm conditions.

-We seem to be in the midst of something of a mouse invasion at the moment. Not only has Neil recently trapped one mouse, another mouse (or mice) has made two appearances in the living room in the past hour or so. Amazingly, in both instances, the mouse avoided a six trap gauntlet to peer into the living room and the avoided the traps again to return to it's hiding place.

Moments ago I decided to rework the gauntlet to try to force the mouse over the traps. I guess the coming hours will offer some evidence as to whether or not my modifications were improvements or just modifications.



On a related note, Rebecca recently purchased, and installed, a number of electronic buzzers that are supposed to deter pests. Our recent experience would seem to suggest that these provide, at best, a limited deterrent (the mouse ran right under one).

-We had a very successful day at our Ultimate playoffs. Much to everyone's surprise we managed to win all three of our games, though, aside from the last one, not by particularly large margins. Though everyone is now quite tired and sore, I think that we all had a good time and were glad to have participated in the event.

-Our Fall Ultimate league will likely be starting on Wednesday. This doesn't provide much down time.

-It seems that my new and improved mouse gauntlet wasn't much of an improvement. Just moments ago, while I was writing this post, I saw the mouse run from behind the gauntlet to under the fridge (where I presume it still is).

I have now added a barrier and traps to the area surrounding the fridge (and modified the original gauntlet). Hopefully these new modifications will do the trick.

-Last night we purchased (at a deep discount) the movie The Marc Pease Experience. Jeannette provided her take on the movie here. Though I won't say that this was the best movie ever, I was definitely pleasantly surprised and found the movie to be quite watchable, maybe even re-watchable. I think that Neil, Rebecca, and Peter also enjoyed it, though I am not sure exactly what they thought about it.

No comments: