Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Quick Visit

A few weeks ago my uncle called me to tell me that he was thinking of taking a cruise that would stop in Halifax for the day.

And it turns out that today was the day of his arrival. Neil and I met his ship at the cruise ship terminal early this morning. Not surprisingly, there weren't many other individuals waiting to meet people, though I think that there were a few.

After making our way to the grocery store to pick up some supplies, we made our way back to the apartment where I started to prepare a pot roast. Eventually, we had the pot roast, a relatively heavy mid-day meal, for lunch.

Amazingly, this meal basically took us up to the boarding time of the ship so we made our way back to the terminal, though not before stopping at a local brewery for a beer sample.

While I have a good sense of how my uncle spent the day, I am really a little confused at how the other 2900 passengers spent the day. I am not exactly sure what one does with 6 hours in Halifax on an overcast day (though I guess a good number of them went on pre-arranged bus tours).

For those of you who are interested, the ship will be heading to Saint John tomorrow. I have no idea what anyone will do there for the day, though something a 'pink bus' was mentioned by numerous people.

No comments: