Sunday, October 08, 2006

Cooking

As I already mentioned, yesterday I baked 6 loaves of bread. This was not the only cooking/food preparation that I did though.

In addition to the baking I also prepared a cranberry salad and some leek and potato soup. This means that I spent a pretty fair portion of the day involved in food preparation. What is odd about all of this is that I don’t really have plans for any of this food. Furthermore, I haven’t actually had any of it yet, unless you count parts of the bread that stuck to the pans.

I am not really sure why all of this ended up being made today, it just seemed to happen.

The bread is the most obvious. I finished my last loaf and needed more. I can make a few loaves and freeze them until they are needed. This isn’t that much work and it saves a bit of money. Additionally, I think that I enjoy making bread.

The leek and potato soup and been in the works for a few days, at least from a conceptual point of view. I had purchased the leeks on sale at the Provigo early in the week and needed to use them. The potatoes were purchased the week before on sale at the Metro. Clearly this needed to be made at some point, but why today?

The cranberry salad came about today when I was visiting Lobos, a local grocery store, and noticed that they had cranberries. They looked to be of a good quality and a reasonable price so I purchased them. Once they were purchased I had to do something with them. Since the only thing that I know to do with cranberries is this salad recipe that is what happened.

So I guess there is a reason for each of these things being made today, though it is surprising that they all three reasons materialized on the same day when I live in apartment with an almost non-existent kitchen.

Even though I don’t have any plans for Thanksgiving I guess I will be already to go if someone does come over.

2 comments:

Neil said...

"I think that I enjoy making bread". Who told you?

Cameron said...

Not sure, I think it might have been Mom.