Saturday, October 14, 2006

Voting Season

On Friday, or yesterday, I was walking out of my apartment building when I noticed a piece of mail in the "no longer living here" pile. From a distance this reeked of election materials. I went to investigate. It turns out that it was in fact an American absentee ballot, though not from New York. If I recall correctly it was from one of the Carolinas.

This ballot got me thinking about my own absentee ballot. Had my application reached the New York Board of Elections? Had the Board of Elections accepted my modified application form?

When I returned from class a few hours later the first thing that I did was check the mail box. It turned out that we had quite a haul. My absentee was one of the several items that had arrived.

Within a few hours I had filled out my ballot and sealed it in the various envelops, as it called for in the instructions.

In case you are curious, I did vote correctly in all races.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Correctly, coming from a Libertarian that's a dangerous and ambiguous concept.

Cameron said...

I was not meaning the term "correctly" to be taken too seriously. It was used in jest. Defining a "correct" vote would likely be impossible.