Sunday, October 29, 2006

A Few Quick Notes 5

-Here in Montreal it seems to have really cooled down over the past few days. When I was out this evening I really felt the chill. This is made all the worse by the high wind that we are having today. Ok, maybe I shouldn’t call it high, but it is enough that it can be felt quite vividly.

-Back to class tomorrow after my nice week long study break. I am enjoying my program but I can’t say that I am looking forward to getting up nice and early tomorrow morning.

-I am down to my last loaf of home baked bread. You may recall that several weeks ago I baked a monster batch. It was quite nice to have nice tasty bread for such a long time. Hopefully I will find a few hours some afternoon this week during which I can bake another batch.

-TGIF (thank god it’s finished) in reference to the bean sludge of a few days ago.

-For several days now I have been preparing for my cataloguing exam. This test is on Tuesday and will be a chance to see how much I have picked up. I think that today was a very good study day. I found a few MARC sources that have really clarified a few things and filled in a few gaps in my knowledge. Hopefully my studying tomorrow will add a little more knowledge to the mix.

-For the past few weeks I have not been able to find the weekly grocery store fliers. I find these quite useful as they allow me to sale hop from one store to the next. In my current situation it is very important to me to know where I can find a $0.79 bag of potatoes.

1 comment:

Leann said...

if you have a Aldis by you go its worth the trip.I cut my bill in half.you make home made bread?wow thats cool.my mom use to bake the best bread and buns.I miss that alot.me I like to bake but could never do it like her.my bag is chesse cakes and apple pie and death by chocolate cake.its yummy!!!have a good day and God bless you.I love canada.was on a rode trip up there in the 70,s hope to visit again some day.