Sunday, October 08, 2006

My Weekend Was Better Than His

After all of the cooking yesterday I started off the day with a fun trip to find a current newspaper. Unfortunately I was not successful. I ended up purchasing a National Post from yesterday to complement my Globe and Mail from the same day.

After this early morning errand I came back for some food and drink (coffee). While eating I read a bit of the paper and did a few squares of the various puzzles (cross word, quote in a box, and sodoku) though completed none of them.

A bit of hanging around, iTunes managment, and web surfing was done in the late morning and early afternoon. In particular I found a new website for a band my friend Paul is in called Firestorm. The are a metal band from London. If you are interested, the address is something along the lines of http://www.firestormrock.co.uk.

Eventually I motivated myself enough to head out on the day's major errand, to pick up some printer paper from Staples. I guess it was about 16:00 when I finally headed out to the Staples in the Gare Centrale. It is really not a bad walk, just south west of here. On my way into the Gare I noticed that they had a rather extensive set of food providers. In particular the Saint Cinnamon's caught my eye. This reminded me of my youth when there was one of these places in the Mall. I was not tempted, or more accuately, I did not have any cash. On to Staples.

In Staples I found some paper and folders, the two things I had set out to buy. While at the checkout I was informed by the cashier that paper was on sale that week and that if I purchased two I would get a third pack of 500 sheets free. This was great. I ended up getting exactly what I wanted and more for a great price. The folders I purchased were also a great deal, 100 for less than $7.00. I was able to take advantage of the checking out experience and get a bit of cash back.

With my purchases and cash in hand I went back the way I came and stopped at the Saint Cinnamon's and picked up two pecan cinnamon rolls and a medium coffee. While it was a bit pricey, I am pleased that I made the purchase. Hopefully it is enough of an inconvenience that I won't head over too much as it is a pleasure that I can't afford on a regular basis.

The walk back, even though I was loaded down, was pleasant. In some ways it was almost a bit too warm. Hopefully the weather keeps up for the next few days. Tomorrow Val and I are hoping to go on a bike ride, which will be much better without rain.

Studying really should be my next stop this weekend, though I feel a nap and a final cinnamon roll are calling. The AACR2 will have to wait until this evening.

No comments: