Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A Few Quick Notes 1

- Val will be leaving for St. John’s tomorrow. She will be heading back to convocate, her first time east of Quebec.

- As I was riding my bike back from school I pulled out of the bike parking area on to McTavish heading north. Just in front of me a truck was driving up the street in the same direction that I was heading. As it passed a van on its right it clipped the street-side mirror, causing it to twist backwards, pop out, and shatter as it hit the ground. I got the impression that the truck driver did not see that this had even happened.

- It has been a rainy day today. When I was going to school (I almost typed “work”) I thought it was just a bit damp but it turned out that the raindrops were just very small, though plentiful. Fortunately, I had planned ahead, in case it got worse, and wore my sandals so that I would not have wet feet for several hours.

- The free book box was out today but I was not impressed with the selections so I didn’t take anything. Maybe I will cruise by later today if I head back in that direction.

- I need to go grocery shopping. Nithum and I both seem to be out of fridge type foods, though we are good on freezer content. Vegetables are particularly important.

- My peggle is still around, I haven’t had the heart to take the peddles from my unicycle. Hopefully by either Friday, or early next week, I will have some replacement peddles from St. John’s. Until then I will likely be stuck with my peggle that keeps causing me to scratch my legs as my foot slips off. I really don’t think that I will miss my peggle at all.

No comments: