Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Survey Results - 1

Thanks to those of you that took the time to fill out our survey. Hopefully it wasn’t to painful, as there were a few rather harsh grammatical mistakes.

Below you will find the results in their relatively raw form. Though these results may suggest the existence of certain trends, such as the existence of a small segment of society that find matheletes sexy, we suggest that further research is conducted to ascertain the full extent of any such trends.

1. All posts should be written in

A) 1st person because blame can then be easily assigned to the appropriate author.
70.6%
B) 2nd person because for years I have been wondering what this is and a few examples would help me get my head around it.
17.6%
C) 3rd person because the authors are dreamy and I want an excuse to read multiple physical descriptions of them.
5.9%
D) 3rd person omniscient because I want to be able to understand the inner workings of the authors.
5.9%


2. Posts should have more

A) Sex because one can never get enough.
25%
B) Sports because I am to lazy to read the sports section in the paper.
0%
C) References to Muppets as these are diminishing as exposure to the Muppets show grows more distant.
37.5%
D) Literary criticism that I can quote at parties so that I will look smart.
37.5%


3. I have come to this blog because

A) Cameron is a superb example of buffoonery.
33.3%
B) Neil’s mathematical prowess rocks my world.
33.3%
C) I searched for “Montifax” and found this crap.
6.7%
D) Drugs somehow got in the way and this just appeared on my computer.
26.7%


4. Which is cooler; math or library science?

A) Math, because I get to see the matheletes running around in their tight shorts.
25%
B) Library science because the librarians know where the books about sex, drugs, and sports are.
6.2%
C) Can there be two duller fields?
31.2%
D) Library science and math embody, in equal proportions, the essential elements of cool.
37.5%


5. If merchandise were to be offered by this blog which type of product would you be most likely to buy?

A) Condoms, because they get sucked into black holes, just like this blog should be.
18.8%
B) A Montifax key chain because I will get to handle it each day.
6.2%
C) An authorized history of the Montifax blog because it would likely be about 2 pages but I could still count it as a book read.
12.5%
D) A Montifax board game because it would likely be the world’s first board game based on a blog which will make it likely to be a collector’s item in the future.
62.5%


6. In a recent Times of London survey McGill ranked as the best Canadian university. What is your response to this occurrence?

A) Always knew it, wasn’t it obvious?
5.9%
B) Ahem, I think they must have forgotten Dal and all of its East Coast prominence.
5.9%
C) If Massachusetts joined Canada then where would McGill be?
17.6%
D) The idea of ranking universities is ridiculous, it is an incredibly subjective objective that cannot be completed in any accurate fashion.
70.6%


7. Nuclear proliferation, as recently practiced by North Korea, India, and Pakistan, is

A) Kind of fun, it kind of reminds me of reality TV, but it’s real.
17.6%
B) Scary.
41.2%
C) The way of the future.
29.4%
D) A good thing for the US to get itself distracted with.
11.8%


8. Libraries are best used for

A) Napping.
41.2%
B) Surfing the web.
23.5%
C) Reading.
17.6%
D) Hooking up with the ladies.
17.6%


9. I expect to check the blog

A) Maybe once more and then I will likely forget about it.
11.8%
B) Two to three more times and then I will forget about it.
17.6%
C) Every day.
35.3%
D) 10 to 12 times a day, as new posts are my heroin(e).
35.3%

No comments: