Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Traffic Woes

When I walked out of my building this morning I was immediately struck by the number of cars on Prince Arthur. It seemed as though there were many more than ususal, so many more that it was a challenge to cross the street. I took this information and filed it away without thinking much more about it.

After class this morning when I returned home I again noticed a huge number of cars. Traffic was at a stand-still on a normally free flowing street. Once again I found this a little odd. As I was going to the gym before I returned home I walke up Aylmer, the North South stree to the West of my building to the cross street Pins. I then noticed the problem. Pins had been blocked off due to construction work. All traffic that would normally be going along the normally busy Pins would be heading down Aylmer and along Prince Arthur. Things were starting to make sense. Though it is incredible that it was possibly busier at 12:00 than it was at 8:40.

Shortly I will have to head out again and face the bumper to bumper traffic on what is normally a quiet residential street. Hopefully things will go well.

No comments: