Friday, October 20, 2006

A Few Quick Notes 2

-My father will be coming to town for a few hours this afternoon. This happens to be homecoming week at McGill so he will get to see the campus in all its glory, though under a cloudy sky.

-In a few hours minutes I will be heading of to start using an “information retrieval” utility that was first created in the 1960’s, called Dialog. Apparently it is still going strong even though some of the databases charge over $300 an hour to search. A very simple search can easily cost over $2.00. Fortunately we don’t have to pay because the company is giving us free access.

-I am still thinking about the Montifax Board game. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will have a prototype of some sort or another. Suggestions would still be helpful.

-Parc Avenue in Montreal will have its name changed to Robert Bourassa Avenue in about the next year or so. Some of you may know that I live just a few blocks away from Parc, so this may affect me.

-In about 1 hour and 40 minutes my weeklong study break begins.

-Val convocated today.

-I have to work tonight, my third shift on door at Thomson House. Should be good. Last week a few of my classmates were there, I am curious to see if I will recognize anyone this week.

No comments: