Friday, February 04, 2011

Celebrities in my neighbourhood

Yesterday I forgot to mention that former Jays player Roberto Alomar was at the hotel across the way from our apartment building. Jeannette, whose program was having a conference in the same hotel, suggested that he was in town some kind of fundraising lunch. I really didn't know that baseball was big enough in Halifax for someone like Alomar to be a draw, especially in the winter.

Some how I missed it, but apparently Alomar was just elected to the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown. I have to imagine that he is the spitiest player there.

I wonder if he is still in town and, if so, whether or not I will see him today?

Score
Cameron 10
Neil 0

2 comments:

peadarhogan said...

When does this become a blog off?

Cameron said...

Do you mean when does Neil step up to the plate and start posting?

The answer to that question is "I don't know," though I hope it will be soon.

It should be hard for him to beat me given his huge point advantage.