Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Few Quick Notes 508

-Today was a pretty nice day, though at times we did have a few flurries.

-We managed to lose our Ultimate game by about 10 points tonight. Strangely, and I am not sure if it had anything to do with the my new sports goggles, I had a pretty good game tonight. Unfortunately relatively early on in the game I made a rather big diving catch and managed to make contact with the ground with my right elbow, lower back, and left hip. Presently my right elbow and left hip are in some pain. And, though I didn't know it at the time, my lower back has been scratched. I am starting to wonder when the self-preservation instinct will kick in and I can stop hurling my body at the ground in an attempt to catch something that is flying by.

I am also really hoping that this newly acquired limp manages to heal itself overnight.

-We are still plugging away at Doyle Pitches. It seems that CBC having banned key writers from reading us hasn't really slowed us down.

I am still waiting to hear when the Telegram article might be coming out, though I am holding my fingers that it will be soon.

-Today I spent a good deal of time slaving away in the kitchen and I am not sure that I have all that much to show for it.

-It seems that the Canada Games officially started yesterday. I guess Halifax will be a bit messed up for the next two weeks. As I don't have a car or many regularly scheduled appointments this should be too bad for me.

-Neil really needs to get his act together and start posting if he wants to do well in this year's blog-off. Actually, I wouldn't mind if he posted just so that I didn't look as though I was over-posting for no reason.

C'mon first year winner, get you stuff in gear and throw up a few posts.

Score
Cameron 33
Neil 0

No comments: