Saturday, February 19, 2011

Friday Night Pig Roast

Last night, instead of going to the free Hawksley Workman at the Grand Parade, Jeannette and I attended a pig roast held in honour of a friend's birthday.

Actually, the set-up was pretty neat. A local barbecue restaurant will prepare a pig (or hunk of meat of your choosing) and side-dishes (food for about 16) for a fixed price.


My primary disappointment with the event had to do with the size of the pig in relation to its cost. For $375 (for about 18 people) this seemed to be a rather small pig. I got the sense that everyone present expected there to be a fair bit more meat. At the end of the evening I observed that we could have had three turkeys and side-dishes for 30 for $15 less (as the turkey meal was only $120).

Anyway, I really like this idea and think that I would be willing to try it again, I just might wouldn't go with the pig option - it was definitely the worst value on the menu.

Score
Cameron 45
Neil 0

No comments: