Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Looks like it might be a storm pt. 2

Well, almost immediately after my last post it finally started to snow. Since the snow started to fall a few hours ago it has continued and is now really starting to accumulate. I think that it would be fair to guess that we have received at least 5 cm already, though I guess I could be off by a centimeter or two. If this keeps up we will definitely have a substantial snowfall by the time evening hits.

Interestingly, the big blob of the storm seems to have moved off-shore, though there appears to be a splotch of intensity just inland.


I can't quite tell if this is to head our way or not. I guess only time will tell.

While Jeannette and I were returning from our eye appointments we noticed that there appeared to be something of a gathering in the park across the street from the Public Gardens. Upon further investigation we realized that we were witnessing Halifax's student day of action, a protest about rising tuition fees. I was shocked to see so many students decided to head out in the relatively poor weather.



[Embedded video]

Ok, back to storm watching and work.

Score
Cameron 4
Neil 0

1 comment:

peadarhogan said...

You guys get your eyes checked together? That's some sweet.