Monday, February 07, 2011

Halifax Graffiti

A few days ago I saw a story that indicated that Halifax would be making efforts to remove graffiti before the beginning of the upcoming Canada Games. Of course, so far I haven't seem much evidence that much graffiti has actually been removed.

Actually, if anything, I have noticed that a few of the people who have hit the wall behind my bedroom window have also been active in other parts of the neighbourhood.

'Tweak,' the individual who hit my wall a few weeks ago, seems to have tagged another part of the same building and a nearby light post base. Not that my opinion counts for much, but I am not a big fan of 'Tweak's work. This emphasis on tagging seems only slightly removed from, if not inferior to, marking one's territory with urine.


Though I don't know the person's name/handle/whatever, the most recent individual to hit the place my window seems slightly more ambitious and, dare I say, talented.


It seems that this person, like 'Tweak,' has hit a number of locations in our neighbourhood. A few days ago I found another instance of their work at the top of my street.


Anyway, all of this is just to say that it would seem that Halifax is still rife with graffiti, despite their best efforts to the contrary.

Score
Cameron 22
Neil 0

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where was this located? I really like this person's work as well. I am really impressed with the lack of letters and emphasis on the reserved use of lines. simple and sweet with lots of emotion in the faces

Cameron said...

In the South End near Tobin and Barrington.