Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Parade of Books

A few weeks ago I noticed that the Dalhousie Libraries were going to be hosting a video contest with an e-reader as the grand prize. Not surprisingly, to enter the contest one had to create and submit a video "telling us why you love the Dal Libraries."

At first I didn't think that this would be the contest for me, mainly because I couldn't think of a good way of approaching the topic. Eventually I settled on some kind of stop-motion/time-lapse content. Of course, that isn't really enough of an idea to build a video so I had to think about it for a few more days.

I eventually decided to go with a stop-motion thing that would then convey a message about the library.

Anyway, I decided to give it a shot this afternoon and this is what I came up with.



[Embedded video]

Definitely not the best stop-motion work, but considering that no planning went into the shooting of this video I think it turned out relatively well.

They are planning on releasing the results in early March. If I hear back from the contest administrators I will be sure to let you know by what margin I lost.

Score
Cameron 39
Neil 0