Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Modicum of Success

Regular readers will know that earlier today I organized a flash mob for tonight's Canada Games' Hey Rosetta! show.

Basically I choreographed a dance move and then posted a how-to video:



[Embedded video]

As the concert progressed I kept my eye on the crowd and watched for flare-ups of the flash mob dancers. Not surprisingly, given my massive YouTube influence, I was almost immediately able to observe people taking part in the flash mob dance moves.

Then, near the end of the show, I was super excited to see that one of the band members even started leading the audience in the flash mob dance moves. I was so excited to see the dance being done by so many people that I kind of muffed the camera work (I was slow to turn it on and then I didn't do a good job of operating the camera). Nonetheless, I was able to catch the tail end of the most notable iteration of the flash mob.



[Embedded video]

It was incredibly exciting to have such success with my first flash mob.

Score
Cameron 43
Neil 0

No comments: