Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Few Quick Notes 509

-We experienced something of a temperature drop today. When I woke up this morning it wasn't far away from zero and it is now -11. At times throughout the day we even had the pleasure of catching a few flurries.

-Though I didn't plan on it, I did manage to hear a little of tonight's Sloan show. For better or worse, I was only able to hear somewhat muffled music only when I had my window open and only when the wind temporarily died down. Consequently, I didn't get as much out of tonight's show as I did last night's show.

Much to my surprise, my video of last night's attempted 'flash mob' now has more than 800 views. I am a little surprised that it has become such a popular video, though it does seem to be one of the view videos to have yet been uploaded of the event.

-Tomorrow night Peter and I will be going to see St. John's band Hey Rosetta! I feel a little embarrassed that when you consider how long they have been around and that I went to high school with the frontman that I have never seen these guys perform and that my the first show of theirs that I will see is a free show. I guess better late than never, or something like that.

-Earlier this evening, while poking around on the internet, I happened to find a newly released short film starring a good friend of Neil's, Andrew. What I found particularly amazing about my discovery is that not only did I happen upon Andrew's YouTube channel today, but today was the day he posted this film. If you wan to see it can be found below.



[Embedded video]

Oh, and this film was directed by Republic of Doyle's Des.

-It seems that the Humber West by-election has lead to the election of the PC candidate.

Score
Cameron 41
Neil 0

No comments: