Saturday, February 28, 2009

Book report: With Every Mistake by Gwynne Dyer

For the first time in my life I've actually done a fair amount of reading during reading week. Last week I finished reading With Every Mistake, which I had started reading more than a year ago. The book is a collection of newspaper columns written by Dyer from 2001 to 2005, compiled and commented on a couple years later. The book was published in 2005 (2006 for the paperback version I read). Reading the book years after the hindsight comments written by Dyer gave me a great chance to see where he was off even on the second try. For example, the US in still in Iraq and we're long past the 2008 presidential elections.

The book talked about issues from regions all over the world, a lot of which I know very little about. Each article was given sufficient background so that I didn't have to use Wikipedia to follow along. Also, Dyer tells the story of why it is his columns are largely not published in Canadian newspaper, which is part of the justification for his publication of the book.

Blog-off
Time: 7h49m
Neil-Cameron: -10

No comments: