Thursday, February 19, 2009

I think it might be safe to call it a storm

I think it is safe to say that the storm has arrived, though a few hours later than was originally predicted.

I managed to make it to class, through a three hour seminar, and part way through another seminar before the snow started to fall. By the time the second seminar took a break and I went out for a coffee it was snowing pretty heavily. Just walking across the street was a sufficient period of time to get oneself covered in a layer of snow.

The walk back from school was rather unpleasant at times as I was being pelted with small ice pellets. Fortunately, things seemed to have clammed down by the end of my walk.



Almost as soon as I made it back to the apartment I suggested to Neil that we head out on a beer run and maybe swing by the grocery store. Amazingly, by the time we made it back out, just a few minutes after I returned, it had really calmed down. We managed to make it to the local micro-brewery and grocery store with few problems.

In other exciting news, Neil has actually posted as part of the blog-off, something that really shocked me. I had kind of expected him to just give me the win (though I should have known better). Anyway, I hope he can step up to the plate and give me a good run for my money.

Blog-off
Cameron: 23
Neil: 5

Storm Blog-off
Cameron: 2
Neil:1

(The count in Neil's post was clearly a little off, so it has been corrected here. Also, as you will see, when it comes to the sub-competition of the storm blog-off we are competing on even terms).

No comments: