Friday, February 27, 2009

Scotties Update: Not so Strong

This year's Scotties Tournament of Hearts started on Saturday, February 21st. I was rooting for Heather Strong from NL. Her team started poorly. She played well on Tuesday and on Wednesday she beat two of the better teams to give her a 5-4 record. She was set up to play two of the worst teams on Thursday and if she won both she was guaranteed to at least be in a tie-breaker, and I think she had a chance to finish as high as second, because she had beaten most of the teams she could have tied with. However, on Thursday she failed to follow my advice and instead choked. She finished 5-6, having lost to all the teams with the same or worse record.

Jennifer Jones is in a tie-breaker with PEI today. Last year Heather Strong and Jennifer Jones played in the equivalent tie-breaker, with Jennifer Jones winning and then going on to win the whole thing. I'm curious to see if that will happen again.

Curling
Team Strong: 1
Other losing teams: 5

10 comments:

Cameron said...

Jaybus, half shocked to see this.

Cameron said...

Add the score if you want 'er to count.

Neil said...

For the record, the blog-off standings do not need to be included in posts to count. Please do not attempt to add any more rules.

Cameron said...

Then consider it a common courtesy for our readers.

Though it may not have been written, I am pretty sure that this concept was discussed at the same time we mentioned the need for appropriate posts (which I feel this post is lacking based on previous blog-off entries)

If you can try to sneak your posts in at the last minute I can try to add rules, its all in the strategery.

Neil said...

If you can add rules, I can add rules: No new rules.

Cameron said...

Who said you can try to add rules? You should focus your energies on posting more.

Anyway, if you recall, it was only that I can try to add new rules, not that I can actually add new rules.

Also, I would have thought that you would be opposed to adding new rules, as you requested I not attempt to add anymore. I guess you are trying to win the hypocrite crown since you are showing yourself not to be much of a blogger?

Neil said...

I see you don't understand the word 'if'.

Cameron said...

I understand the word 'if,' what I don't understand is your point (which I assume is because you don't really understand what it was I said).

Kathy said...

Do comments count in the Blog-off totals?

Cameron said...

No, they don't count.