Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 273

-Today seems to be a pretty nice day, though I can't say that I have actually gone outside to experience it. Fortunately, the skies seem to be clear and the temperature hovering around zero. Though it seems that the forecast is suggesting that we might get some snow tonight.

-I presume that if we do get snow it will start either just before Neil and I head out for our Ultimate game this evening, or at some point during our game so that we have to make the trip back in the snow.

As many of you likely guessed, we were trounced in last week's game. Though the team we will be playing tonight has a similar record to ours at least two of our more experienced players won't be there so we may be able to manage a rather convincing loss (though I hope that that isn't what happens). Apparently this will be the last game of the 'regular season,' suggesting that there may be some kind of play-off component. It seems a bit odd to me that we haven't yet been told anything about possible play-offs.

-Neil and I spent much of yesterday afternoon running errands. We must have visited about five or six stores and businesses. One of the important stops was at Phat's Barbershop where Neil went to get one of the "best lousy haircuts in Halifax." I am not quite sure why the guy calls his work lousy, I though the results were pretty good.

We also managed to make it to an Indian grocery store. We picked up three packs of pappadums, some spice, and samosas. Now that we know what they sell, I am pretty sure that we will make efforts to go back if we need beans or lentils (though they didn't appear to sell black beans).

-In the evening I had a few classmates over for some drinks and socializing. While the turnout was on the low side, I can't say that I was surprised. So far it seems that my Masters cohort doesn't do a very good job of socializing outside of class. (Though I should probably be a bit more forgiving in this instance as most people had no notice, and it is the beginning of mid-term break, so some people may have been out of town).

-I was really shocked to see that Neil actually contributed to the blog-off earlier this week. I thought that he was just going to do nothing. While I don't think that he will end up really contributing all that many more posts during the period of the competition, I think that that he contributed at least once makes the blog-off a success.

Blog-off
Cameron: 25
Neil: 1

No comments: