Monday, February 02, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 267

-Today, as predicted, has been a few degrees above zero. Fortunately, I managed to avoid much of the slush by heading in to school early. If the predictions turn out to be right, we could be in for quite a snowfall (and now a storm) here tomorrow, and if things keep going as they have been with closures and such, we could see another round of university and school closures in anticipation of the predicted snowfall.

-To continue the last topic, I think that I would rather not have a snow day tomorrow, though I am sure I could deal with one if it was thrust upon me.

-Just moments ago I learned that one of my favourite This American Life contributors, Scott Carrier, is now an assistant professor at Utah Valley University. Maybe this explains why he has been contributing to This American Life less frequently (though he does seem to still be contributing to Hearing Voices with some regularity).

-I have been doing so much reading about Canadian federalism in the past few weeks that it has started to creep into my dreams. Fortunately, my federalism dreams seem to be much more pleasant that my cataloguing nightmares of library school.

-I managed to get through my first lecture today, though there was a room change that kind of threw me off my game. I guess I now continue my preparations for Wednesday's lecture.

-And for those of you with 30 seconds to kill, feel free to check this out. If you don't have an extra 30 seconds, it probably isn't worth your while (nothing happens, just thought the internet needed some more filler).



Blog-off
Cameron: 3
Neil: 0

No comments: