Thursday, February 19, 2009

What passes for a snow day in Halifax these days

As of sometime yesterday I became aware of a storm warning in the region. Relatively late last night I looked at some satellite and radar imagery and didn't really feel that there would be much of anything here by morning, which is when the storm was predicted to hit.

It turns out that I was right. It is now almost 8:30 and there is not a snowflake in the sky.

This is pretty disappointing as I really could have used a snow day. Amazingly, even without snow, all of the schools have been closed, as well as a number of other things.

The best part is that things will probably start to get a little nasty at just about the time I will be heading home from school.


As you can tell, it really isn't that bad right now.



Blog-off
Cameron: 22
Neil: 0

No comments: