Sunday, February 15, 2009

Watching corn grow

Given that the corn I planted a few days ago recently sprouted, I thought it might be kind of neat to use my recently acquired time-lapse video software to try to capture the new plant's impressive rate of growth. Obviously, this should be qualified somewhat, I consider it impressive given the context of the plants in my window. Also, that I can see a change over the space of a few hours makes it seem pretty impressive.

If you simply watch the following video you probably won't really notice much happening, so I recommend that you go from end to end to see the difference. While the difference isn't extreme it is noticeable. I would have liked to document more of the growth but I wasn't able to sacrifice my computer for the entire day, so I ended up only capturing about two hours of growth. Maybe I will try again tomorrow and see if I can get something a little more dramatic.



[Embedded video]

Blog-off
Cameron: 17
Neil:0

No comments: