Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 278

-We have had temperatures above zero for more than 24 hours as this afternoon. Noticeable results of such conditions include significantly diminished snowbanks and ice sheets. With a few more hours of such weather it seems possible that we could lose most of the snow that we have been accumulating since the new year. On the other hand, Environment Canada is predicting that it will drop to -13 tonight, so much of this melting will likely be halted in the relatively near future. Aside from the above freezing temperatures, things have been pretty gray for most of the day, and at times a little drizzly.

-Neil has shocked me with two more blog posts. Maybe he will manage to creep up on me and still win the blog-off. At this point I have to concede that it is within his reach.

-I may have mentioned yesterday that I am feeling a little under the weather, a condition which has carried over to today. The two most significant consequences of this condition are an inability to concentrate on school work as much as I might like, and that I won't be able to play in this evening's Ultimate game. A third notable consequence is that I have been sleeping much more than usual. Yesterday I ended up taking three naps and going to bed early (of course, then I spent a while tossing and turning).

-A few days ago we had a several hour power outage. Though I didn't realize it at the time, Neil has since informed me that this even messed up our phones so that one of the cordless phones is no longer functional and a wall unit doesn't function at full capacity. Neil is hoping to get some new phones on his way to Ultimate, which will hopefully solve our phone problem.

Blog-off
Cameron: 34
Neil: 20

No comments: