Monday, February 23, 2009

More exciting time-lapse video content

Yesterday I happened to be making my way through YouTube's vast collection of videos and happened to stumble on a few time-lapse videos of things like snow storms or clouds moving during a thunderstorm. As you might have already guessed, I was quite taken with the concept , and as I have the equipment and software necessary to make such a clip I thought I might give the same thing a try myself. Of course, I didn't wait for any particularly interesting weather, or even for a day with clear skies or good clouds so the result is less than superb, but if you have 2 minutes you are willing to part with you can get a sense of how much cloud movement was going on today in Halifax.



[Embedded Video]

On a related note, I also happened to find a pretty neat video created by a photographer named Noah Kalina (included below). It seems that Noah has been taking and posting photos of himself every day since 2000. In 2006 the first six years worth of photos were turned into a video clip. While the subsequent photos are available online, they have not yet been added to the clip. It seems that he plan is to update the video every few years and continue the project indefinitely.



[Embedded Video]

Blog-off
Cameron: 29
Neil: 1

No comments: