Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 272

-Temperatures hovered around zero for much of the day today. The result was that many of the sidewalks and roads were covered in a rather thin coating of ice, making walking and driving rather treacherous. Unfortunately, we also had a little rain thrown into the mix, just to make things a little less pleasant.

-Though things were a little slippery, as I mentioned previously, I was quite surprised to learn that Halifax schools were closed because of weather today. It seems that it really doesn't take much to close the schools here. I think that they must have closed them about 4 times already this years. I really have no idea how all of the parents deal with this, especially when such closures are completely unexpected, as was the case today.

-At the moment I am in the midst of working on an essay for next week. So far I have over 5000 words worth of notes, yet I can only submit an essay of 2500 words. It seems likely I might be in a position to overshoot my word count target by a fair margin. I guess I probably will find a way to reign things in so that I won't go over the limit by too much.

-The essay is one of the four things that I have to deal with for next week. I also have a very short paper due on Monday, a brief presentation on Tuesday, and an essay proposal for Thursday (which is the same day that the other essay is due). I guess it should be a fun weekend.

Blog-off
Cameron: 13
Neil: 0

No comments: