Saturday, February 13, 2010

Another follow-up

It seems that my previous two posts were likely coming from positions based on limited or mis-information.

Not only have some of the major media outlets, even those who are providing national coverage, covered a number of the problems that have been faced by the games thus far, they have even dedicated stories specifically to such coverage (though one might question whether the level of criticism leveled is equal to what we might expect had they not paid to cover the event).

Anyway, what I guess I am say is that I am glad to see that some of the problem associated with the Vancouver Olympics thus far have been covered, but that I am somewhat hesitant to accept that they are getting as much as they might given alternate circumstances. That we have heard little about the removals of the homeless seems to suggest that some of my concerns are at least marginally merited.

I guess we have another two weeks to really get a much better sense of the coverage of these Olympic games. Assuming that I am unable to avoid such coverage in the coming days it seems likely that I may have additional comments as more trends become apparent (or as randomness increases).

Blog-off Score

Neil:0
Cameron: 25

No comments: