Monday, February 01, 2010

Another riddle solved thanks to the internet

A few weeks ago I noticed that Rex Murphy's column failed to appear in my Saturday Globe and Mail. While I do not necessarily read the column regularly, I do tend to observe its presence or absence.

At first I thought that it was possible that Murphy had just taken a few weeks off, though I don't recall him doing this in the past. Eventually the absnence of the columns seemed a little more ominous.

Tonight, after seeing Murphy's name in another context I decided to see if I could get to the bottom of the matter and figure out why the columns had not been appearing regularly. What I found is that Murphy seems to have left the Globe and Mail and begun working for the National Post (he seems to have pulled a reverse Christie Blatchford).

Blog-off Score

Neil: 0
Cameron: 5

No comments: