Wednesday, February 10, 2010

At least some of the fallout

When I went into class yesterday my professor commented on my recently published opinion piece as well as my radio appearances. Another student, who had also been engaged in some of the media coverage as a result of the scandal also joined in.

Then, a few minutes later once class actually got underway, the professor kicked things off with a several minute discussion of the article and the importance of preparing for media interviews (a recommendation with which I concur). She also handed around a print out of the article so that those that missed on the weekend would have a chance to read it.

Today when I went into to talk to my research assistantship supervisor she too mentioned the publication. Only after a few minutes did it come up that part of the reason for good publicity is that someone posted the article by the photocopier in the political science office.

Blog-off Score

Neil:0
Cameron: 21

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Do you think you are now considered as "Halifamous"? Or perhaps just "PoliScifamous"?

Cameron said...

While I might hope to some day be Halifamous, I really think that this is nothing more than a strange blip on the local notoriety scale.

Kathy said...

Well done! More excitement.

Jessica said...

Add them to your resume, Rock Star!