Sunday, February 07, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 394

-For some reason unknown to me it is much warmer today than it has been for the past few days. At one point today it was as warm as -1, which is about 15 degrees warmer than good chunks of yesterday. Apparently tomorrow temperatures may even reach above 0 for portions of tomorrow.

-This morning, for breakfast, I made some butterscotch pinwheels. This are basically biscuit dough wrapped around a butter and brown sugar paste. Not surprisingly, these are pretty tasty, though maybe not the world's healthiest breakfast food (maybe I will have to have some vegetables or go for a walk this evening to try to offset this meal). Fortunately I was able to get my roommates to eat a few of the pinwheels, otherwise I am pretty sure that I could have ploughed through most of them in a 24 hour period.

-Today, for the second day in a row, I made use of my new coffee maker. The built-in grinder and timer make it a pleasure to use. I can't tell you how pleasant it is to wake up to freshly brewed coffee. It is certainly much more pleasant than getting up and washing the percolator that is still dirty because of the previous day's coffee related activities.

-In the coming days or weeks I really need to get my gardening plans in order so that I can acquire the appropriate seeds. In particular, I need to figure out which types of tomato plants I want to grow so that I can give them a few weeks of prep growth before I transfer them to the balcony for the summer.

-Our Ultimate team managed another win yesterday. While there were periods of disorganization among the members of our team, we somehow managed to maintain the lead for basically the entire game. While I can't say that I contributed too much to our team's efforts I can say that I don't think that I screwed up too much and I did make a few rather impressive catches.

-In one of my courses I have to submit a discussion paper every Sunday evening (the material covered in the paper will then be discussed on the following Tuesday). While these aren't at all a bad idea, they do kill the better part of my Sunday afternoons. Fortunately I just finished this week's paper, so I should be able to put a few hours of work in on other areas before turning in for the night.

-I have my re-scheduled interview tomorrow morning. I guess I should put a little time in re-examining some of the material I gathered on Thursday evening (as well as examining the new media reports that have come out this weekend).

-Word on the street is that today is Super Bowl Sunday, though had it not been for a commitment of Neil's I would have had no idea that this sporting event was ongoing today. Now that I do know that it is ongoing tonight I can't even pretend that I am going to watch it as we don't have a TV with a functional antenna. I guess that this is further evidence that I am out of touch with the common wo/man.

Blog-off Score

Neil: 0
Cameron: 17

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Opulently I to but I contemplate the collection should prepare more info then it has.