Saturday, February 06, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 393

-We are in the midst of another rather chilly day here in Halifax, though, fortunately, we are not really within striking distance of frostbite (so my shorts wearing will be able to continue unabated for another day). For better or worse it seems that we might be in for a little snow in the coming days, though presumably not as much as they have recently had in St. John's.

-There is some news that I may need to scoop Neil on if he doesn't get his act in gear. This is his official warning that if he doesn't act soon I may be forced to reveal an apartment related development that should really be his to reveal.

-Some friends of ours, one of whom is a regular reader [maybe our first shout out?] and is briefly visiting from Toronto, stopped by for a while last night. While we originally planned on slipping in a few games of Settlers we ended up engaging in more traditional forms of socializing instead (you know, drinking non-alcoholic beer and crapping on professional graduate degree programs). Eventually, like all good social gatherings of the 21st century, things devolved into a stream of funny YouTube videos (particularly focusing on documentaries with characters so incredible that they seem unreal and movies of a similar nature).

-Yesterday, after months of dilly-dallying, I finally got around to making pasta. It turns out that process was much more labour intensive than I expected and it involved a little more drying/waiting time that I originally expected (though fortunately a friend warned me about some of this a few days ago).



After the drying, as can be seen in the photo above, I moved on to the boiling phase of the process. Unfortunately, I over interpreted the instructions about a short cooking length and pretty drastically undercooked the pasta. While it was edible, it really was a little harder than any of us would have liked.

-I should get down to work.

Blog-off Score

Neil: 0
Cameron: 16

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, who reads this thing?

Cameron said...

That's what I keep wondering.