Thursday, February 04, 2010

It continues

So it seems that this whole MLA spending issue has continued on into today, which isn't all that surprising given the breadth of the issues in question.

What was a little more surprising to me was that my involvement in the media coverage of the event seems to be continuing. Early this afternoon I was contacted by a local television station who were interested in taping an interview with for their evening news show. Unfortunately due to class obligations, and a moderate disinclination to be on TV (but really the former), I had to turn them down.

A few minutes later I received a call from another CBC radio station about an interview for tomorrow. In this case I didn't have any conflicting engagements so I was able to agree to do the interview. The downside of this interview is that I will have to get up several hours earlier than normal. I just hope that I am awake and coherent during the interview (which will likely cover more Nova Scotia than the first one) to not make a fool of myself. In preparation for this interview I am catching up on today's media coverage and also reading some of the Auditor General's reports from both Newfoundland and Labrador and Nova Scotia (which isn't how I planned on spending my evening as of this morning).

While all of this was happening I received an email from the local paper indicating that they are interested in printing the item that I submitted. Assuming that have space, and I am not making such an assumption, they might print it on Saturday. Because of this possibility I won't post the text here until Saturday at the earliest, as I wouldn't want to possibly scoop myself (or something like that).

Blog-off Score

Neil: 0
Cameron: 10

4 comments:

Jess said...

Well, you're having an exciting week! These are good enough reasons to post :) If Neil wants to catch up, tell him to quit whining and start typing!

Jess said...

P.S. - Sorry Neil.

Cameron said...

No need to apologize to Neil, it is pretty clear that he is slacking pretty hard.

Jess said...

In that case, I revoke my apology to Neil and apologize to you for my errant apologies.