Saturday, February 20, 2010

Reading week kick-off

So we have now rolled into another reading week, a week long mid-term break that occurs in the Spring semester at Dalhousie. My general sense of things is that, at least for the most part, all three of us plan on using the week to catch up on various types of school-related work, though with maybe a little more relaxation than is the norm.

I know that I have a fair bit of reading to do in association with a few papers that will be due at the end of the term. I also have some research work to do, as well as TA related work. So I certainly have enough things to keep me busy without taking too much time away for social activities.

Of course we did end up starting things off with a rather unproductive evening on Friday night. As I wasn't feeling particularly full of energy on Friday night I decided to stay in rather than attend a political science grad student event that was to involve a compressed period of alcohol consumption (something that I really didn't feel up for) I decided to stay at home with Neil and Rebecca. We ended up watching two movies, In the Loop, a very funny take on modern politics and the Iraq war, and Sunshine Cleaning. All three of us were pretty pleased with both of these movies (which is a pretty unusual success rate). It should be noted, before anyone complains or raises this issue, both of these movies were rented with free rental coupons, so they weren't things on which we spent all kinds of money.

After the movie watching, we continued to lounge around by watching some of the Olympics coverage. If I recall correctly we watched some of the curling. As some of you might have sensed, Neil and Rebecca, by constantly streaming Olympics coverage, have caused me to watch more of the Olympics than I originally wanted.

Blog-off Score

Neil: 0
Cameron: 32

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.