Friday, February 05, 2010

Slight delay

This morning, as planned, I woke up at about 6:45 so that I would be awake and ready for my early morning radio interview, which was scheduled for 7:15.

Almost as soon as I awoke I checked my email and RSS feeds, which is how I start most of my days. Almost immediately I noticed that St. John's was in the midst of a snowstorm that had closed the university, among other things. This didn't bode well for things being on-track as my planned interview was concerned. As I hadn't yet heard otherwise I continued with my preparations, which included making a pot of coffee and reviewing/arranging my notes.

Not surprisingly, a few minutes before I was expected to be on the air I received a call from the station indicating that the storm had preempted the story and that they would likely be interested in re-scheduling for Monday. Almost immediately I went back to bed.

So it seems that I will have the pleasure of re-playing this early-to-bed process again on Sunday night, which is probably a good thing in the long-run but will certainly be unpleasant in the short-run.

Blog-off Score

Neil: 0
Cameron 12

No comments: