Thursday, February 18, 2010

Chin-ups reset

Because I have so much time on my hands, last night I decided to go to the great reference sources Wikipedia and YouTube to get more information on chin-ups and pull-ups.

One of the first things that I learned is that both pull-ups and chin-ups, as frequently defined in these sources, imply that the individual goes all the way down until their arms are straight, not just to a 90 degree angle (which is what we had been doing). This means that I have been significantly over counting the number of chin-ups I am capable of. So my count went from 27, which sounded rather respectable, to a paltry 7.

Secondly, I was able to finally figure out the difference between pull-ups and chin-ups. It seems that pull-ups are the version of the exercise done with one's palms facing away from one's body. Chin-ups are the version of the exercise with the palms facing towards the body.

Thirdly, this is one of the amazing pull-up/chin-up videos available on YouTube:



[Embedded Video]

Blog-off Score

Neil: 0
Cameron: 30

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I think there will be other recounts in the near future.

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.