Tuesday, February 02, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 391

-Today was definitely on the chilly side of things. When I woke up it was about -15. And though it eventually reached a high of -14, the temperature has now dropped to a rather frigid -19. Interestingly, the windchill was worse in the morning than this afternoon or evening, though we are still close to the frostbite zone (-27).

-As we were in the frostbite zone this afternoon I decided not to risk it and go ahead and wear pants for my walk to school. In the past I would have tried to prove my manliness by wearing shorts. These actions were incredibly stupid and shortsighted. Frostbite, even if the risk is relatively low, isn't worth risking just for the moderate comfort increased afforded by the wearing of shorts.

-We had tacos for dinner. I went with tacos because they were relatively easy to prepare upon my return from class at 6:00.

-That Danny Williams left the province to receive treatment for a heart condition seems be receiving a fair bit of attention in both the traditional and new media. Not too long ago I noticed a story on the topic in the Winnipeg Free Press, and a earlier today I noticed that the Globe and Mail also included a story on the issue. Of course a number of political blogs also seem to be spending some time and space covering the issue. My favourite thing about all of this is that as of yet very little information seems to be known about exactly what is happening or why Williams is leaving the province for treatment (something that none of these sources seem to deny). Until more information is known about why treatment wasn't sought in Newfoundland it seems a little early to jump to conclusions about his motivations or what his actions say about how he thinks about the Newfoundland healthcare system.

-Not that we have seen a big jump in visitors to the blog, but it does seem that since the blog-off started a few days ago that our numbers have been up marginally. Of course this may have nothing to do with the competitive nature of the event and much more to do with the fact that since the blog-off started I have been posting much more regularly. Of course I will keep an eye on this as the blog-off continues.

Blog-off Score

Neil: 0
Cameron: 8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin earning with a sum that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]