Saturday, November 11, 2006

A Few Quick Notes 12

-Today has been a cold and rainy day. I became quite wet when I walked over to school earlier this afternoon.

-With this cold my room is finally a suitably cold temperature. For some reason I find a nice cold room to be a good place to accomplish work. When the fingers become cold to the touch you know it is just about right.

-Some herbal tea that I had been hoping to purchase was unavailable at the store where I had hoped to buy it. This is too bad as it was tasty and reasonably priced. Maybe it will become available in the next few days.

-While I have not finished any of my projects today I have been able to make considerable progress, or at least progress, on three. One in particular has seen some major advances. Tomorrow I will have to quickly work on an assignment that is due on Monday morning. It will also be necessary for me to work on a few other projects to some degree.

-The disease name “tumoral calcinosis” is frequently mis-used. It should only refer to a hereditary disease, which typically starts to affect individuals before the age of 20. Unfortunately, this term is frequently used to refer to any calcinosis, particularly calcinosis stemming from renal failure. If you are wondering what calcinosis is, it appears to be the accumulation of calcium in the body, sometime in tumor like forms. These forms can occasionally be visible (when the are large enough) and might be removed by surgery. When the disease is tumoral calcinosis these clumps tend to form around joints. The real disease is fortunately quite rare.

-The previous point demonstrates that valuable information can in fact be gleaned from abstracts.

-Ah, nice and cold.

-My schoolwork has not allowed me to read all of the Globe today, something that I quite like to do. Maybe I will some time tomorrow to polish of the last section or two that I would like to read.

-Unfortunately all of this schoolwork that I am having to deal with has pushed Montifax: the Board Game to the back burner. Hopefully in the next few days I will find some time to devote to the development of a side deck and a rulebook.

1 comment:

Neil said...

Project due Monday? I guess that means McGill doesn't have Monday off. Dal does, but St. Mary's Univ. doesn't. I am surprised by the number of universities open on Monday (even though today is Nov. 11).