Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A Few Quick Notes 26

-Yesterday I went to the grocery store and found that they were out of refried beans, not just the kind I like, but all of them. This was somewhat surprising as I wasn’t aware that these were a popular food stuff in Montreal.

-As I was walking back from class today I heard the fire alarm as I approached the building. As usual I continued past the building and went up to the gym to pick up my free paper. By the time I returned the alarm had stopped, though I did not see any evidence of the fire department.

When I entered the building the alarm system was making a semi-regular beeping sound. While clearly the alarm had been tripped it seemed that things were safe. Since I returned several minutes ago the alarm has briefly gone off several times for only a second or two each time. Hopefully this problem will not persist throughout the day.

-For the past few days the construction project has been a bit quieter, so I have decided to jinx myself and let you all know this.

-I was totally smoked by yesterday’s New York Times Monday Crossword, it was embarrassing.

No comments: