Thursday, November 23, 2006

Packing for Banff

Right now I'm starting to pack for my trip to Banff. My plane leaves Saturday at 7 am. I have to leave the apartment at about 3:40 am to catch the 3:55 shuttle; it should be fun. I come back on Wednesday evening. Two of my profs are on trips at the same time, so over 3 class days with 3 courses I'm only missing two classes.

I'm going to Banff for the cold weather (low of -32 on Sunday!). Well it's really the cold weather AND a "winterschool", which is essentially a series of lectures. The topic of the school is Algorithms and models for the Web. The will be many big names from the field there, most notably Fan Chung Graham (also known for being the wife of Ron Graham, both of whom were good friends of Paul Erdős.)

The trip should be fun, but I'm going to be very busy when I come back.

No comments: